By my previous post you know that I have plenty of free time. So I thought of using this time for good. Using this time to explore some places where I haven’t been and always wanted to go. I chose to visit Bangalore, The IT city. Since I am much interested in that field and also heard a lot about the beauty of Bangalore.
There are lots of places to visit in Bangalore. So I created a list of places of my interest and the places which I’ll be visitng this time.
- Lalbagh Gardens : One of India’s most beautiful botanical gardens. It was laid out by Hyder Ali and Tippu Sultan in the 18th century.
- Cubbon Park : This beautiful park, which spreads over 300 acres in the heart of the city, serves as the lung space of the evergrowing Banglore city. Designed by Lt. General Sir Mark Cubbon, in 1864, is dotted with beautiful statues, flowering trees, fountains and a library its midst.
- Aquarium : A variety of exotic fishes are the attraction in this diamond shaped Aquarium, which is at the enterance of the Cubbon Park.
- Dodda Basavanna Temple : The gigantic image of the celestial bull, Nandi, which stands at 4.57 meters. in height, is a classic example of Dravidian architecture.
- Dodda Ganapathi Temple : Since I have a lot of faith in Lord Ganesha this is must for me. A huge monolithic statue of Gapnapati, which attracts thousands of devotees every day. One of the oldest temples of Bangalore.
- Musical Fountain : Another attraction opposite the planetarium is the musical fountain and its dancing waters. The Bangalore Palace: Modeled after the Windsor Palace, this beautiful granite palace was built by the Wodeyars, the erstwhile rulers of Mysore.
Now that I made the plan, I thought of searching for Hotels in Bangalore. At this point I stumbled upon Accor Hotels City Super Sale. I am damn lucky that they have a sale going on. Travellers will be able to take advantage of savings of up to 60% when they book on-line between 23 – 29 June, for stays between July 10 and September 30, 2009. You can select Hotels from 27 cities across 10 conutries. I have selected Mercure Homestead Residences. So I got what I wanted. Now time to pack my bags. 🙂
I found http://www.thinknonsense.com very informative. The article is professionally written and I feel like the author knows the subject very well. http://www.thinknonsense.com keep it that way.
Loved your latest post, by the way.
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say
that I have really liked reading your blog posts. Anyway
I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!