I am back again to review my last 365 days and then post some goals for next 365 days. One thing at a time. Lets start with what happened with me and what happened to me this year.
1) Books : This one always on top every year because I somehow manage to conquer this goal. I started this year with a goal of 40 books in my mind. I was somewhat sure that I wont be able to climb the mountain this time. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a try. I manage to read some interesting books during this time. But towards the end of the year I changed the goal to achievable 30 books which I managed to complete just a few hours back.
2) Travel: I traveled the most this year. I haven’t traveled this much in my whole life. Learning from traveling have put some more sense into me. In the next year 2019, I hope to travel as much as I did this year.
3) Connections: There is a spark when you get know people who think like you. Who want to know you. Who want to connect to you. This year, I tried to make more connection. Connecting some more strangers and incorporating their views, ideas in my life have made some difference.
4) Heartbreak: Once again!! It was my foolishness to approach someone who was out of my bounds. I wish I had never approached or entangled myself. The whole experience left me stranded which led to a clueless, confused second half. It was this time where I my focus, my interest which I haven’t been able to find till date. I have kept myself busy socializing, reading and stuff I never tried before this.
5) Gym: Marked as check. If you remember, this has been on my goals for last couple of years. What made this happen was the heartbreak. There was anger and rage which I had to divert somewhere which otherwise would have created a whole lot of new problems for me. Four good months spent in gym making me feel better about my body.
That sums up my 2018. Nothing much has happened apart from the above events. I don’t know what’s in store for 2019, but I really hope for something good.
Ten years ago, on this very same day, I bought this domain for my blog. The joy of typing www.thinknonsense.com in the address bar which then lead to my blog was overwhelming. At that time, I never thought I would stick to this domain for ten years. But then I did.
It’s not at all relevant to me that hardly anyone visits my blog. There are like 10 visitors a day and sometimes a spike is caused by the crawlers and bots. These stats, which was one of the reasons for which I bought domain, doesn’t matter to me anymore. What matters is that I have web presence which is unique in nature.
I would very much thank to Bizhat, my webhost, especially to a guy named Santosh who used to handle the backend. He helped me in setting up this domain. The new staff they have recruited is also helpful. I hope they continue giving free webspace and continue hosting my website while doing so.
Above all, thank you reader. Whoever you are, Wherever you are, thank you so much for visiting me.
Till we meet next time..
Almost a year back, I wrote a post on the same topic. At that time I thought I had written all that’s on my mind about humans being robot and there is nothing much left to write on the same topic. What I wasn’t aware that the thought process never stops. It keeps running in background unaware to you, gathering and processing new information which results in new ideas or adds an extra bogey to the train of thoughts.
Beginning of this year, I came across Themis trilogy which deals in an alien robot buried deep inside Earth with it’s parts scattered all over the globe. This made me think, what if this is true? What if there are alien robot hibernating deep inside Earth? What if they are waiting for some trigger or a signal from far far world to activate and unleash the fury? Fascinating and horrendous at the same time.
The robot mentioned in the trilogy are humongous requiring assistance from aliens or humans to activate and operate. The technology used in robot was meant to be activated by the aliens only but somehow, human minds manage to decipher and activate the robot with human authentication. The author has put the most logical idea upon it’s activation. That was it’s usage for military or combat purpose. What should have been studied for the benefit of humanity is being used to conquer and bully nations.
When I think about it, this is going to happen in near future. Technology has evolved so much that there is raw processing power available in compact and portable size which can process instructions as close as human brain. The artificial intelligence takes a leap every few years. Fortunately, due to power and greed of corporate world, right now it is being mostly used to know more about consumers. But that day is not far when they will be used in warfare as standalone soldiers.
Do you think technology is moving in right direction? Who is going to benefit more from it? The common human being or those hungry for power and money?
Till you figure out the answer..
Me: God.. Why have you kept me lonely so far? What’s your evil plan for me?
God: Who says you are lonely?
Me: Some family members of mine.
Me: Some people around me.
God : And?
God: But I am with you. You don’t like my company?
Me: No no no. It’s not like that. I like to be with you. But you are God and not a person. Also, people believe in you. But if I say that I am talking to you when I am alone, they’ll admit me to the nearest mental hospital.
God: Is it about what people say to you or is it just you?
Me: *thinks for a while* It’s both.
God: You can’t fix people. They have their own twisted logic. What you can do is to fix yourself.
Me: Get a partner? I tried and I gave up. You aren’t helping me.
God: You’ll never be lonely if you have my company. The desire to have someone physically by your side is the root of this problem.
Me: But.. But.. What’s wrong in having such a desire? When I look around, everyone has someone with them. I feel left out.
God: Desire, expectation, make way for disappointment. You already know that. Yet you behave like you are ignorant.
Me: What should I do?
God: Don’t think about it. If at all you feel alone, give me a call.
Me: So you aren’t helping me to find a partner for myself.
God: I am. You can have a partner who may or may not be there always or You can have a partner who will always be there with you. Your call. *vanishing act*
Me: Fuck life…
Sometimes, I see through a person.
I see how broken they are.
I want to pat on their back and say nothing.
But I cannot..
Because that person is a stranger.
And I don’t know how that person will react to my touch.
I wish I could do that.
I wish I could..
Because I know how it feels like..
To be broken and no one to feel you..
To be broken and someone embracing you…