I am back..
I am bigger..(Ummmm.. At least my belly is)
Like every year, I want to set some goals for this year. Because life without goals is nothing but…Zombie??? Yeah. Zombie is the right word. It’s aimless and boring… So let’s set some goals and try to get them to some through the post.
1) Solo trip: It’s back again on this year’s list and I have placed it at the top. That much is the importance of this trip for me. I don’t know where I’ll go, when I’ll go, But I want to make it happen this year.
2) Socialize : Last year, I stayed aloof for most of the time. It’s time to get back to being human. I’ll try to attend as many social functions as I can with the exception of weddings and ring ceremonies. Best to avoid THE question.
3) Books : I have been successful reaching this target every year for past 4 years. I am making it difficult this time by setting a target of 40 books. This is steep by my standards. More because I am planning to read more hard copies instead of ebooks.
Three are sufficient. This is a mammoth task and a lot of effort is required to fulfill these. Along with this, I will also try to unclutter my mind. I feel that I have got a great start for this year. Making the most out of it will help me reach my goals.
Until I free up my mind…
Aloha guys! It’s new year. Before I continue with my nonsense, here’s wishing you a happy and prosperous new year. Make the best out of it. Don’t complain if you can’t.
Now let’s see. What everyone does on the first day of the year is pen down some resolutions. Most resolutions definitely include joining a gym. Isn’t it. Weren’t you thinking of this? He he he. That’s on my list as well for whole together different reason. Let’s not get lost in thoughts. We have to make a list.
1) Reading : Over the last 3 years, This one resolution I have been able to keep up with. 3 years in a row!! Not a joke dude. I definitely deserve a pat on my back. So this year I am going to make it a little bit tough. I want to read 35 books. The difficult task is that I want half of it to be paperback or hardcover. Not ebooks. Believe me. It’s a difficult task. You cannot carry the book with you everywhere.
2) Solo hike : This has been on my mind for 2 years now. Couldn’t do it for some wrong reasons and a couple of right as well. I’ll have to be fit to be able to fulfill this. Hence the next resolution.
3) Join a gym : Oh God! I so want to do this. But my laziness keeps me away from joining a gym. I don’t want six pecks and the body of a model. I want to be fit and healthy and have good stamina (for all the right reasons). If I am able to make 30 days in a gym, Then it will last for a long time. BTW, Why there’s no tax relaxation for joining a gym? Are you listening Mr. Prime minister?
Fourth would have been get married. But I have completely lost interest in it. My practical sense tells me I have just 1% chance of getting married now. It’s better to keep this out of resolution list.
So what are your resolutions? Let me know.