I am back..
I am bigger..(Ummmm.. At least my belly is)
Like every year, I want to set some goals for this year. Because life without goals is nothing but…Zombie??? Yeah. Zombie is the right word. It’s aimless and boring… So let’s set some goals and try to get them to some through the post.
1) Solo trip: It’s back again on this year’s list and I have placed it at the top. That much is the importance of this trip for me. I don’t know where I’ll go, when I’ll go, But I want to make it happen this year.
2) Socialize : Last year, I stayed aloof for most of the time. It’s time to get back to being human. I’ll try to attend as many social functions as I can with the exception of weddings and ring ceremonies. Best to avoid THE question.
3) Books : I have been successful reaching this target every year for past 4 years. I am making it difficult this time by setting a target of 40 books. This is steep by my standards. More because I am planning to read more hard copies instead of ebooks.
Three are sufficient. This is a mammoth task and a lot of effort is required to fulfill these. Along with this, I will also try to unclutter my mind. I feel that I have got a great start for this year. Making the most out of it will help me reach my goals.
Until I free up my mind…
This is that time of the year when I used to blog. I mean, it was the only time I used to blog. It’s one of the things that changed this year. Let me try to list the major events that changed me this year.
1) Books : This is one constant in my life throughout. It’s the most I have ever read in a year. 36 books, 10000+ pages. I had increased the count from the usual 24 books to 35 books. Some books surprised me. Some disappointed. But overall, I am quite happy with my reading. I wish to continue this in coming year.
2) Training Camp : I attended a training camp in last 7 days of the year. Before the camp, There was a doubt that I won’t be able to defend myself from physical attacks. Somewhere in a corner of my mind, I wanted to learn self defense. This camp fulfilled my wish. Though this isn’t advance level training, it has increased my confidence. I wish to practice and get more comfortable with the techniques.
3) Gujarat Trip : My resolution for 2017 included a solo trip which I couldn’t manage. The tour of Gujarat doesn’t fulfill my goal but it does bring joy and pleasant moments. The peak of the tour, literally and metaphorically, was the Girnar Yatra. Those days, those memories will stay forever with me.
4) Dealing with loneliness : A major portion of this year was spent lonely. I didn’t attend much social functions, weddings etc. and tried to remain aloof. My goal was to prepare myself for what’s coming for me. It’s harsh reality but I have to deal with it. I was successful to some extent but there were moments which lead me into my shell. I wish to and I have to put more effort to deal with this.
5) Back to blogging : My blog was almost dead. But this year, I have put some life into it. The goal was to posts 1-2 post every month. Posts which reflected my thoughts. 18 posts (including this one) is a good start I say. This is another thing I want to continue in coming year.
There have been some more life events that changed me. Some scarred me. Some healed me. But I do not wish to make them public. 2017 was good but I am hoping for a better 2018. Let’s see how it goes.
Aloha guys! It’s new year. Before I continue with my nonsense, here’s wishing you a happy and prosperous new year. Make the best out of it. Don’t complain if you can’t.
Now let’s see. What everyone does on the first day of the year is pen down some resolutions. Most resolutions definitely include joining a gym. Isn’t it. Weren’t you thinking of this? He he he. That’s on my list as well for whole together different reason. Let’s not get lost in thoughts. We have to make a list.
1) Reading : Over the last 3 years, This one resolution I have been able to keep up with. 3 years in a row!! Not a joke dude. I definitely deserve a pat on my back. So this year I am going to make it a little bit tough. I want to read 35 books. The difficult task is that I want half of it to be paperback or hardcover. Not ebooks. Believe me. It’s a difficult task. You cannot carry the book with you everywhere.
2) Solo hike : This has been on my mind for 2 years now. Couldn’t do it for some wrong reasons and a couple of right as well. I’ll have to be fit to be able to fulfill this. Hence the next resolution.
3) Join a gym : Oh God! I so want to do this. But my laziness keeps me away from joining a gym. I don’t want six pecks and the body of a model. I want to be fit and healthy and have good stamina (for all the right reasons). If I am able to make 30 days in a gym, Then it will last for a long time. BTW, Why there’s no tax relaxation for joining a gym? Are you listening Mr. Prime minister?
Fourth would have been get married. But I have completely lost interest in it. My practical sense tells me I have just 1% chance of getting married now. It’s better to keep this out of resolution list.
So what are your resolutions? Let me know.
Height: Ranges between 5″ – 6″.
Build: Thin and easily vulnerable to any kind of attack. Delicate species so please handle with care.
Weight: Since they are thin, it ranges from 30-60 kg.
Identification Marks: Easy to recognize as they wear thick glasses. Evolution haven’t affected their eyesight which should have improved by adaptation. When not wearing glasses, can be identified by dark circles around eyes.
Class: Always full attendance. Normally sits in front row.
Color: Varies. Becomes Pink or faint Red when in contact with the member of opposite sex.
Location: Other than class they can be found in the nearest library or their favorite food center which is often called “The Book Store”. Now due to the advancement in technology they are also found in front of Computer eating virtual version of their food called e-books.
Living area: Their living area is often called as Lab or Library. Typically you’ll find it filled with their favorite food (The books…).
Characteristics: Highly emotional and totally unsocial. They don’t speak much and lack one of the beautiful characteristics of their major species called smile. But if they take part in any social activity they become the cause of humor. Their dressing sense is “horrible” as termed by the major species. Clothes are loose and always go against the trend. Their wardrobe is filled of books rather than clothes.
If found, please try to socialize them.
Issued in public interest by International Bookworm Society.
It’s the fifth month of this year. I am reminding this to myself. It’s just because time seems to be flying and I am unable to catch him. For the last six days I had no problems actually with my connection or anything else that could stop me from blogging. The result is different though. I haven’t blogged and never felt like. This is the time that comes in every bloggers life.
Earlier I had weekends which acted like my thought gathering time. I used to write synopsis, gather facts and material required for blogging. Movies also add to this. But the problems has been this weekends. I am not free on these weekends. Either I have to attend some function or marriage else I have the gang waiting for me to join for a roller coaster ride of fun.
The other days of the week are wasted by my job. Those with a job where you have to stand for the whole day in the sun will know what happens to the thinking power. I am unable to think and create things as I used to earlier. This job is improving my professional career but it’s spoiling my blogging. No one would ever choose blogging over career.
Reading is not going well also. Books I bought for reading are lying in their places from the day I bought them. Google reader is showing a counter which will take a long time to come down to zero. All I expect from my readers is to have some patience for a while. I think I will be getting some time in coming time. :angel:
Till that time comes