This is that time of the year when I used to blog. I mean, it was the only time I used to blog. It’s one of the things that changed this year. Let me try to list the major events that changed me this year.
1) Books : This is one constant in my life throughout. It’s the most I have ever read in a year. 36 books, 10000+ pages. I had increased the count from the usual 24 books to 35 books. Some books surprised me. Some disappointed. But overall, I am quite happy with my reading. I wish to continue this in coming year.
2) Training Camp : I attended a training camp in last 7 days of the year. Before the camp, There was a doubt that I won’t be able to defend myself from physical attacks. Somewhere in a corner of my mind, I wanted to learn self defense. This camp fulfilled my wish. Though this isn’t advance level training, it has increased my confidence. I wish to practice and get more comfortable with the techniques.
3) Gujarat Trip : My resolution for 2017 included a solo trip which I couldn’t manage. The tour of Gujarat doesn’t fulfill my goal but it does bring joy and pleasant moments. The peak of the tour, literally and metaphorically, was the Girnar Yatra. Those days, those memories will stay forever with me.
4) Dealing with loneliness : A major portion of this year was spent lonely. I didn’t attend much social functions, weddings etc. and tried to remain aloof. My goal was to prepare myself for what’s coming for me. It’s harsh reality but I have to deal with it. I was successful to some extent but there were moments which lead me into my shell. I wish to and I have to put more effort to deal with this.
5) Back to blogging : My blog was almost dead. But this year, I have put some life into it. The goal was to posts 1-2 post every month. Posts which reflected my thoughts. 18 posts (including this one) is a good start I say. This is another thing I want to continue in coming year.
There have been some more life events that changed me. Some scarred me. Some healed me. But I do not wish to make them public. 2017 was good but I am hoping for a better 2018. Let’s see how it goes.
It was one of those days when I was just staring at the computer screen. I had nothing to do. Totally jobless. Broadband had arrived just three months back. Most of my browsing was done during night hours due to the bandwidth cap. I clicked a random link out of the boredom. It was a warez blog with a great design. The bottom of the blog read ‘Powered by WordPress’. Clicking on the link introduced me to the world of blogging.
Now I wanted a blog. I wanted to blog. Why not? Everyone had a blog. There were blogs written by dogs and cats, supposedly. I already had the nonsense idea in my mind. The question was where to host? One of the perks of being a moderator or web hosting forum, you get free web-space. Thanks to the admin who set it up for me. I got everything I wanted to start a blog.
Four years ago, The very day I published my first post on the blog. I didn’t care about the language. Not about the content and not about who will read it. I just wanted to write. After a while, It got popular. I was overwhelmed by the appreciation. I even earned from blogging.
Over the years, The frequency of posts dried up. I didn’t even try to allocate time to blogging. And when I tried to write something, I was blank. That screen was punching me and I was taking blows standing.. Sorry. Sitting, Like a boxer out of practice. But today I decided to face it. This post is a result of that.
When I started this blog, I wanted one and I wanted to blog. Now I want to blog more. I want to write more. Lets see how much punching I can handle.
Till my next blog post.. duck a punch and
Finally.. After a gap of almost two months, I am writing a post. This whole year has been non-productive for me in terms of writing. There is no excuse for this. My reading habit was responsible for my writing. I used to read a lot. For instance, If I was standing near dustbin(or rather overflown dustbin) and I had nothing to do, I would pick a paper from dustbin and start reading. Sounds crazy.. I can imagine in a place far far away, a dust bin full of paper waiting for me. I wish I could go there…
My primary source of reading was and is internet. I still read stuff from Wikipedia. Whats missing is the posts in blogs. I find it difficult to open my Google reader which must have gained weight by now. There were days when we used to exercise together, regularly. Daily exercise keeps you fit and fine and slim. I could see him punching in my face with only one word coming from the mouth.. Shame.. Shame.. Shame.. Yeah. It is unaware of the fact that I am a shameless person.
The second source are books. Sometime back I took a pledge that I will read at least two books a month. I lost this habit a couple of months back. Books have always been my best friend. The only thing I can trust blindly(Though I can’t read with my eyes closed). Irrespective of how good or bad a book is, it ends up adding\aiding my knowledge. Most of the times it adds words into my vocabulary. The last two months, my habit of reading books is getting some life. Read three books so far.
Every blogger has his days. These are not mine. Over the years I have also realized that reading is similar to lying. The more you practice the better you get at it.
Till I write my next post..
It’s the fifth month of this year. I am reminding this to myself. It’s just because time seems to be flying and I am unable to catch him. For the last six days I had no problems actually with my connection or anything else that could stop me from blogging. The result is different though. I haven’t blogged and never felt like. This is the time that comes in every bloggers life.
Earlier I had weekends which acted like my thought gathering time. I used to write synopsis, gather facts and material required for blogging. Movies also add to this. But the problems has been this weekends. I am not free on these weekends. Either I have to attend some function or marriage else I have the gang waiting for me to join for a roller coaster ride of fun.
The other days of the week are wasted by my job. Those with a job where you have to stand for the whole day in the sun will know what happens to the thinking power. I am unable to think and create things as I used to earlier. This job is improving my professional career but it’s spoiling my blogging. No one would ever choose blogging over career.
Reading is not going well also. Books I bought for reading are lying in their places from the day I bought them. Google reader is showing a counter which will take a long time to come down to zero. All I expect from my readers is to have some patience for a while. I think I will be getting some time in coming time. :angel:
Till that time comes
Life is getting busy. Now I have started playing pre-recorded replies like “I don’t have time”. This started from last two months. I was begging for a break from blogging so that I can gather some ideas and put some reinforcement into my writing. But I never decided when to take a break. That was till my April Fools prank.
If you wait for long enough, things come to you. The same thing happened with me. There is someone, some power looking after us. He sees what we want. He fulfills what we want. And suddenly one day my net connection was doomed. I kept calling on their support line but the problem was not solved.
Funny thing is the one who came to repair my connection didn’t even knew how to switch on modem. They were totally unaware of what the real problem is. Add to it another thing. Their senior who had knowledge about this was on vacation. So it was God’s full proof plan for my break. It was after his return that the actual problem was known and it took another week to repair it.
I must say though that I really enjoyed this time. Beach, movies and restaurant. Perfect way to enjoy. I also got time to read book. Though I haven’t finished the second one I bought. I got hold on some of my relationships and glued them. I was very happy for these things.
There were also sad things. My worst days on job. I really had bad time on job. Lotsa AK47 stuff. There was also rocket launcher by GM of our client. I was stressed out and desperately wanted to blog about this. I missed blogging too much for this. Now the things are looking normal. But you never know..