After the frustrated story of nobody thinks I am serious, I thought of writing this guide. This guide is to help all those who are facing similar problems. There is a cure for this disease but it takes time and some effort. The advice below is completely free of cost and free to use by anyone for personal or commercial purpose.
1) When you wake up in the morning look into the mirror. The creature in the mirror should be familiar, may be horrible or funny. But don’t waste your energy by giving him a smile. It’s your bad habit to give him a flying kiss or giving a great smile. Don’t do that.
2) Whenever you are in a party and there is laughter bomb just count 10 to 1. This is an old theory worked out for controlling anger. It works the other way also. For those who don’t know to count 10 to 1, join a nursery.
3) Join a laughter club. Do everything others do except stretching a single muscle on your face. This may also grab some attention to you. You may get some friends as well.
4) Watch everything about Mr.Beans. Just don’t forget the 10 to 1 count.
5) Subscribe to all the funny newsletters, news groups, yahoo groups, blogs, websites, etc. Don’t miss a single e-mail from these and the 10 to 1 count also.
And finally don’t be alone. Always be with someone. If you stay alone or get a single moment where you are alone you’ll take out all the laughter which you suppressed so far. I expect you to be honest in your toilet and bathroom. This is a serious post and don’t take it lightly. If you laughed at any instance while reading till now, then you don’t deserve to be serious.
Till you get serious…
I have seen monkeys drawing but this is the first time I saw horse painting. I wonder what he is trying to draw?? May be a female horse. :love:
When you are learning language, pay attention to grammar. Those were the words of my English teacher. No guesses for what I did. I ignored and here I stand before you with my poor grammar skills. I knew this when I started this blog and I thought I’ll improve. I have improved to some extent. That’s enough. Now about the “And”. Sorry for ruining the lyrics of that rocking track by Linkin Park. That tops my favorites list.
What to do? I couldn’t think of any better title. This “And” became my topic when I was having conversation on twitter. One tweet appeared on my twitter homepage.
“If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you need to count to find the first letter A?”
I knew the answer and I replied “thousand”. And one twitter replied with “one hundred and one”. Now comes the confusion. Which one is correct? I knew it was “thousand” but the one who asked the question got confused. Moral is “Having bad grammar helps you to stay away from confusion”.
Improper grammar leads to funny incidents also. It can be embarrassing if you don’t take things lightly. (I am very serious kind of person. Don’t make fun of me.) Take this candidate’s application :
“This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ‘typist and an accountant – Male or Female’. As I am both for the past several years and I can handle both, I am applying for the post.”
When I was in college, there was a legendary workshop supervisor. His English was very bad. In the first workshop class he said “Machine the on”. It took all the courage and effort in the world to stop myself from laughing. I’ll never forget this incidence.
This post is just for fun and not at all to show my hate or love towards English. It will be always the language which is my mother tongue. I just took this as a challenge to write a post from a simple ignorable tweet. Oh!! And to clarify all the doubts about the riddle. In the end the “And” doesn’t matter.
I cannot say “Till my next grammatical mistake”. It will be in the next post itself. So I’ll say,
Till English is a funny language…